Friday, January 21, 2005

Hooked on the Word

Last night we had a celebration of sorts for those people at my church who read through the Bible in 2004. We had a really good time but the following struck me as a tad peculiar:

  1. We had Barbeque PORK- to celebrate getting through the Old Testament
  2. When discussing what we learned or could share one lady said she thought it was a good ideal to read different versions; I agree. But then she said you would have to check those versions for error, and to do this you compare it to King James. Now, I didn’t know old King James was inspired…. What doest thou sayest? Hast thou no respect for thy elders? How canst thou question?
  3. When people come together to celebrate being in the word of God it is a wonderful thing. I left feeling inspired and loved

Now it is Friday! That is pretty cool!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?