Monday, January 17, 2005

Mary or Martha?

This morning I was listening to Luke’s account of Mary and Martha. I never fathomed that people would relate to Martha and be a little angry that Jesus would take Mary’s side until I got in a ladies class where I was younger than most. I probably struggle more with getting things done, that while they are not the BEST things, do have to be done. I took to heart the advice about dusty furniture and un-cleaned baseboards when my children were small. I know many of you are OCD about cleaning; I just didn’t get that gift, or curse or whatever.

Yesterday I got to keep Matthew for a couple of hours. He was so precious. I really wanted to take a nap. I still don’t know what is going on in my “Salty Piece of Land” book and I needed to study some for my lesson Wednesday. But I played with this little boy. I held him and showed him the dogs and read to him. Life doesn’t get much sweeter than this.


Comments:
I am a "Mary", too. You mean I need to clean my baseboards?
Betty
 
I believe we have many more Martha's in the church. It's harder to be Mary ... to sit and listen and pay attention ... let HIs words soak deep into your heart. Who has time for that when there's a potluck to prepare for Sunday, and three calls to make, and a hospital visit to do, and three committees at church to run?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?