Monday, January 10, 2005

Relaxing and Reflecting

I had a laid back relaxing weekend. My husband is leaving for Denver today where he has to go every two years to be monitored on his beryllium disease. I was unable to go with him this time so I wanted to spend as much of my weekend as possible with him. It was very pleasant, very laid back, very unscheduled. I needed that kind of weekend.

Yesterday with church family was good. There are things that bug me that I guess I just have to learn to deal with. Although it was not a detailed presentation the budget was gone over at the beginning of service. I just don’t think this is the right time or the right place. Then the fact that it was listed with pride that 62% of our budget went to preaching the gospel, but only 7% to benevolence. Does that seem wrong to you or is it just me? Anyway, last nights prayer group time was good. It is always good to open our hearts to one another and intercede for each other.

Today I am little overwhelmed at work. Not with work but with my co-workers problems. It seems that everyone is dealing with great turmoil in their lives. Sometimes I feel guilty because I don’t have any great problems. I know that is not what God wants from me, but I still have the feeling at times. One of the men I work with is scared to death because of a lingering health problem. A lady I work with is dealing with her son in law pulling disappearing acts on her daughter and 2 year old to go and do crack. Another sweet lady I work with is in horrible marriage where she is just living from day to day with a man who can be physically and emotionally abusive.

Lord, please bless these people who need you so much in their lives right now; comfort strengthen and heal them. Help me to be your hands to these people that I love. Forgive me when I take my many blessings for granted and thank you for all the ways that you bless me. Keep David safe on his trip and Lord; please touch his heart that he too may seek You to guide his life.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?