Thursday, January 13, 2005

Silence

Silence! The glorious peaceful sound that comes from living on a little traveled road on the backside of nowhere. The knowing there will be no traffic on the road or the lake all will be quiet. A warm January night, no heat-pump running, just the wind, picking up, lulling me to sleep. Silence! The terrifying sound when you wake up and realize it is time for someone to be home and they are not there. You strain to here a car driving up only to realize there are none. Prayers uttered for safety, for comfort, for control of the wide-awake disease that has taken over my peaceful slumber. An hour passes and still no car. Plans surface. What will I do? Who will I call? Where is HE? More talk with God, “Help me”! “Give me peace of mind, give me patience, let my dog bark because he will hear the car before I do”! The dog barks; the car drives up almost two hours late. Relief floods my soul. I have to smile when the dog barks, he is predictable, he brought the answer to my prayer. Flying around bad weather delays flights. All was well. Talk ensued. What did the Dr. say? All is not well. Discussion. More prayer, much more. Silence! Laying there with things unsaid, hoping for the courage to talk about real important things. Silence as sleep finally takes over two worried minds, one turning it over to God, one needing to. Sleep comes at last.

Comments:
David assures me this is no big deal. Just a little less capacity in the lungs. He was prescribed an inhaler twice a day, but feels better since he found out they had given that to others as well. Still, I would covet your prayers in his behalf. Man I am pooped today!
 
...praying...
 
Excellent post ... Sorry for David's health struggles ... hope and pray that things improve.

Silence really is golden, and very few of us get enough of it in our lives.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?