Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Slowly Resolving

Thanks for your kind words for my terrible last two days, but I think I have proven to myself again that attitude is everything. After letting this woman get me real upset (yeah, I even cried!) I had to go to the dentist. I was glad to be somewhere where speaking is not only not expected but frowned on. As I sat there thinking, I realized that she had gone to several other places and could get nowhere. I was the only one willing to make this work for her but it did not matter, nothing I could say or do was going to please her and furthermore, I was not the only person she treated like this, I wouldn’t be the last and it didn’t make me special. That and playing tennis last night has helped me put the whole thing (mostly) behind me.

With this experience and my committing to doing a few little things each day toward my goals of simplifying, made me go to bed content last night. God will not give me more than I can handle and perhaps I need this test to truly understand “I desire mercy not sacrifice”. I need to be me more merciful and less inclined to make this woman a “sin offering” (just kidding).

It was really good to get back on the tennis courts. I had so much fun and got some good exercise too.

Tonight I am finishing up on “slowing down & solitude” as disciplines to help us with our patience. It seems that everything I have read in the last week has pointed to this in one way or the other. I can’t wait to spend time with the ladies tonight. We are also going to list at least one resolution we have made that has nothing to do with weight or fitness. My ideal is for us to make a top ten list. Anybody got one they want to share….

BTW- I know I haven't shown you Matthew in a while. Look here to see that he is now driving!

Comments:
Something I am resolving to do is to learn to say "NO" when I cannot do something. I am usually tempted to say "YES" because I want the affirmation that goes along with the duty ... but this past year I nearly caved in under all the stuff I had volunteered to do. Clearing away some of it has helped some, but to tell you the truth I am tempted nearly every day to replace it with something else.

Matthew is a cutie! My son turned 15 this past October. The years all flew by ... except for years 13-14 ... those were loooonnnngggg years. You'll see. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?