Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Sweating for the Oldies...

Don’t you love to sweat? I might as well because it is something I do very well. But really its just makes you feel like you have accomplished something if you can work up a good sweat. I know many of you are sick of hearing about it, but it was 70 degrees here again yesterday. I played tennis from 5:00 till 7:00. I left the courts soaking wet with sweat, but extremely contented. It was still 67 degrees went I got in my vehicle. I know there is a lot to be said for 4 seasons, snow on the ground etc., but I will just keep my 70 degree January days, thank you very much.

I do feel for those who are experiencing such extremes in weather. Those folks in California are having a perfectly miserable January. Unfortunately when that cold air meets up with our warm air, we will have storms. It is that way on earth, every time you think you have found paradise the reality of a temporal planet rears its head. I think nature is God’s way of telling us not to get to comfortable here, it is just a pit stop in the great race of our lives.

Tonight my class is on love. It is fascinating to study what the Bible really means when it commands us to love vs. what we think it means. The most profound thought I came away with in this study is that agape love always results in action. When I think of love as action it both intrigues and scares me. I know there are folks I can’t change my “feelings” toward on my own, but I can DO something for them. Unfortunately, my feelings sometimes prevent me from wanting to DO anything. Anyway, I will let you know how the class goes.

Get out there and sweat some today!!

Comments:
Sweating is not one of my favorite things...but working so hard or being so into something that I don't realize I'm sweating...now that is fun!
 
I'm with SG. But I do have a sweatin' to the oldies workout tape I like to do with the kids sometimes. They love to dance.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?