Tuesday, January 11, 2005

To the Point?

I am currently reading the Gospel of Mark. I think that if I had been a Gospel writer I would have been more like Mark than any of the others. He has so much to tell us, he just goes from event to event without a lot of “filler”. Sometimes I think I am getting to be a “lazy reader”. I want to skim down and get to the meat of what I am reading; I tend to skip the “color”. But have you ever wondered how Mark and Luke, who were not eye-witnesses to the life of Jesus, told the same events of His life as Matthew and John? These events were probably so spectacular that they were talked about over and over. I know that the writers were inspired, but still I don’t think God had them write about things they knew nothing about. One thing that truly intrigues me is the transfiguration. We are told that Peter, James and John said nothing of this until after the resurrection. Do you think they were bursting at the seams to tell it then? What great excitement to have had such a vision and to have kept it a secret.

Today is the 40th birthday of my sweet friend Celia Owens. She is such a wonderful person and great friend. She truly embraces life and can express and experience joy like no one I have ever met. I am blessed to be able to call her my friend. Spending time with Celia and my other friends are indeed some of the most special times in my life. The ability to share this walk of life with others who think and feel the same way, truly makes the journey more exciting. It is also good to share with those who do not always agree with you. I love the friends who will reel me in when I get precariously far out on that limb.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Comments:
The last series Cope did at the College church before he flew the coop was from the book of Mark: "Who is HE and what does it mean to follow HIM". WOW! It was awesome, and I have been in love with the book of Mark ever since. Have a great study!

DU
 
Blogger has not let me comment on your blog lately...ok it is just so slow bringing up the comment page that i have given up.. but I wanted to say "Hi" and I am still here! I love Marks view of things!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?