Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my daddy’s 74th birthday. He is not the most educated man you will ever meet, but he loves people and he loves to have fun. The strict disciplinarian of my youth disappeared when the grandchildren came along. I have told them several times that I didn’t really know their Grandpa. He was nothing like my Dad.

Some of his favorite sayings;

Yeah, my Dad’s not perfect. But he loves me and my brothers and all of his grandchildren. More than anyone in my life, he taught me to laugh and have fun. He has never really worried a lot about anything (my mom does enough for everyone) and he always tries to find the funny side of every thing. Happy Birthday Dad, I love you.


Comments:
I read your "Happy Birthday Dad" back when you wrote it...and I meant to tell you that I thought it was a really sweet tribute to your dad.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?