Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Just Do It

I really do prefer being busy, to not having anything to do, but yesterday work was just cutting into my blogging time. I guess I have got to curb my habit a little bit and use it as a reward when all of my work is caught up.

I was able to get out a little early and play about an hour and half of tennis before the rain moved back in. The season starts next month and this is only the second weekend I have got to play since early December. Maybe we will have some intermittent sunny days for the rest of the month. I am anxious to get started in the competitive side.

A few of us got together Sunday night and sent valentines to some of the shut- ins and elderly at our church. In the last few days I have received a couple of cards in the mail. I think we sometimes underestimate the power of a written note. I am so blessed when somebody takes the time to remember me and write me a card. I keep most of them here in my office in a file. When I am having a really bad day I can pull out a couple of encouraging cards and feel so much better. In one of my earlier resolving modes I had decided to do at least one nice thing for someone every day; to make a call, or send a card or make a visit. Like most of my good intentions it remains as an intention. I have been a little better, but am challenging myself and you to just do it. Sending a card is something we can all make time to do. I know and you do to that it really touches people. So why are you still reading this, go send a card!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?