Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Should have been a man!

I should have been a man! Now I know there are many sensitive, considerate men out there (my husband included), but many of you are just forgetful and caught up in things so that you forget to buy gifts, cards, etc……..Like ME!!

It was a beautiful day here yesterday and I left around 4:45 to go and play tennis. No, I had not even bought a card yet! I stopped at the grocery store on the way home, found a card and some treats my sweetie likes. He had bought me a book and a book light! Again, I come up lacking! Yep, I should have been a man!

Comments:
LOL you sound like my Margaret. I'm the spender in our family...so buying gifts for occasions is fun for me. She's the saver... so buying gifts is low on her 'fun meter'. But I'm not quite ready to say "I should have been a woman." lol
 
I bought a set of dolls from Wal-Martas a gag gift for my hubby and me. One is called "The Perfect Man", while the other is called "The Perfect Woman". Each comes with the perfect set of 16 phrases that a member of the opposite sex is supposed to like to hear. For example, from Mr Perfect: "Yeah, let's go see that chic flick!" From Ms Perfect: No, don't get up; I need the exercise" or "Let's spend Christmas again this year with your family."

My husband thought they were cute but that $12.95 was too much to spend on a gag gift, so I will take them to my counseling office. : )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?