Monday, February 14, 2005

Who Am I?

Happy Valentine’s Day! Hope everyone feels extremely loved this day!

I was sitting in church yesterday to my right was my family; David holding Matthew,( I am not quite ready to blog about this) Derek & Mary and one of Derek’s friends. To my left my friends who feel like family, Kay and Terri with her nephew, Dalton. All should be well in my world. Suddenly the most inappropriate thought entered my mind. Where did that come from? I thought, I am just a big pretender, a fake. I thought of Matt Elliot’s blog where he dreamed of lacking one more class to get his diploma…. But it was odd, I asked myself “Who am I?” Then I started singing that song to myself. I had listened to it on the way to church and now it was speaking to me. At random times during the day yesterday when I was struggling with thinking on the things that I should; this song kept coming back to my mind. You know the lyrics, right?

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

If you struggle with your idenity sometimes; if you speak things that you wish you had not; if you have doubts and times of anxiety, listen to this song. The rest of it is just as good.

Thank you Lord; that who I am is covered by Who You Are! Change me into what I want to be ALL of the time!

Comments:
That is a favorite song of mine also. At times when our own heart betrays us we are reminded of how completely we depend on God's grace. Thanks for sharing openly.
 
I am honored that when you feel like a huge phoney, you naturally think of me! :-)

I blew through Cullman, Alabama this past weekend heading to and from Tennessee. Thought about you!
 
Powerful thoughts, powerful song. Thanks for sharing these life changing words.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?