Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Ides of March

The ides of March; this day has always been an important day on my calendar. Two of my best friends were born on this day. One of my nephews was born on this day. Back in my banking days every 15th and end of the month meant payday. Those were all red letter days! You know when you live from paycheck to paycheck life gets by you in a hurry. That is the beauty of being paid weekly (when I have closings), you are not always looking forward to the end or the middle of the month. My life seems to have taken a life of its own in the “flying by” department as it is.

I was curious this morning so I Googled the “Ides of March”. It is always fascinating to me to read history when I don’t have to. The words “Beware the Ides of March” are one of the few things I remembered about the Shakespeare’s play Julius Caesar, well that and the line “Et tu, Brute!” It is amazing how it comes back to you though with a little review. However when I was reading the actual history one particular line caught my attention when reading about Caesar and Brutus.

“Scholars disagree on just who was the on the side of "good." They believe neither side is entirely in the clear.”

I have never had any aspirations to be famous or even mentioned in the history books, but it is my prayer and my goal that if I am to be mentioned everyone would know that I was on the side of “good”.


Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will comes

Julius Cæsar. ACT II Scene 2.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?