Monday, March 14, 2005

Living on Purpose

Well I spent a whole weekend without even booting up my computer!! Being unable to comment last week just really got to me, so I just left it alone and you know what? It didn’t kill me.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about my last post and the concept of living life on purpose. I tried to incorporate it into everything I did this weekend. Even while playing tennis I kept telling myself “hit it on purpose”. I think it made a difference. I struggled some during church services yesterday. Sometimes there is a personality conflict with someone who is in a leadership role that will just ruin my attitude. It happened yesterday, but I struggled to get my thoughts under control, I am not real sure I won that battle, but I did try.

The funny thing is when I try real hard to focus on some things; I invariably let other things go. I could sense this weekend that my spouse was not happy with me. I am not sure why, but I know I get caught up in things and can live in my own little world. I am sure it is my fault. So there is a whole balancing act to go with this purpose thing. I can’t let one thing go just to do better in another area.

After a bit of a sabbatical I am reading with a vengeance again. I have been reading the books that I was using in my studies for teaching but neglecting my reading for pleasure. I started the book “The Broker” Friday and am almost finished (thanks Terri). Hey that may have something to do with my husbands displeasure with me…..

Comments:
I want to live life on purpose, too. I have been back in "The Purpose Driven Life"--there are some great thoughts in that book. I so do not have it altogether! JB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?