Thursday, March 31, 2005

March Ends!

Greetings on this final day of March. Is it just me or has this been a really long month. Maybe it is the anticipation of vacation in 2 WEEKS!! I can hardly wait!

If you were wondering the elephant is still in the middle of the room. I am getting better at ignoring him, isn’t it funny in life how we harden our hearts to things where they can’t hurt us? I don’t want to be insensitive, I don’t want to be hard and uncaring, but I don’t want to be hurt either. Problem is when we develop relationships with people we will be hurt, we will be disappointed; we will be frustrated and perhaps even angry. But if we do not have relationships with people we never enjoy laughter, heartfelt sharing and even crying together. There is nothing better in this life than sharing it with people, but when you do beware; you are opening the door to ELEPHANTS!!

So on this final day in March, I am going to accept the fact that people come and go from my life. Some will impact me greatly, some not so much. My focus is going to be on how I impact them. Do I leave them with a sense of how important God is in my life? Do they remember me as someone who is filled with the Spirit? Will they walk away from me and not know who I am and what I stand for? People are important! God made us, Christ died for us! The least we can do is truly care for one another….even if it means we occasionally get hurt!

Comments:
Donna,
If there was no pain in relationship, could we know joy in relationship? I pray that whatever is causing the pain will become a source of joy.
 
Are you gonna tell us where you are going on vacation???
Yes, to love is to be vulnerable--to joy and pain. I think God wants us to take the risk even when it may end up in hurt. Your reaction to hurt may be a way the other person can experience God.
Blessings! JB
 
I heard a sermon when I was in college that will always stick with me. The man said that EVERYONE will let us down. Only God will never let us down. When I have been disappointed in friends or even in myself, these words come back to me.
 
How are things w/ your daughter and all of the evil, yet necessary drugs this month? Many prayers on her behalf for sanity and patience and not obsessing over every detail...
 
The line between vulnerability and self-protection can be difficult to discern. If life really is a journey, and not just a rowboat in a barrel, then as we progress on we will leave some people behind. Our big question, I think, is this: Was I Christlike to the people around me at each stage of my journey?
 
This is a test... Out OUt Da** elephants!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?