Tuesday, March 08, 2005

March Wind is HERE!!

I guess I should not be surprised at the March wind. But boy is it blowing hard this morning. The winds are so strong it moved my Tahoe around on the road effortlessly. Tennis is supposed to start tomorrow, but so is the rain. Oh well, it may have to be postponed. I can live with that. As much as I love tennis, it is NO FUN in the wind or the rain.

I find myself accepting postponements or disappointments better as I get older. Maybe it has nothing to do with age but has more to do with maturity. I hope it is not a negative or “woe-is-me-nothing-good-ever-happens-to-me” attitude. But, I am pretty sure it is not that. Perhaps it is the understanding that each day only has so many hours, if I can’t change what is happening I might as well enjoy it. At the end of the day the only thing I can reflect on is the way I have spent ‘my’ time. So when the sun comes out today but the temperature stays in the 40’s, I will be content. When it goes back down below freezing tonight, I will enjoy my fire. If it rains out tennis tomorrow I will know that I can play on a better day. Life is good, life is short; I must learn to play with whatever ball is thrown at me.

Comments:
That's a very tough lesson to learn, being content to live in the moment and not worry about the future. It's a lesson that I'm still learning (and probably will be all my life). It's a great blessing to be able to thank God for whatever He brings our way, sunshine or rain. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy today and not worry about tomorrow!
 
It is a fine line between "woe is me" and accepting life as it is, but it is on that line that we find ourselves living in the present and having that energy to live life to the fullest. Good thought. : )
 
Yes, I find it so much easier to "chill" now than I did when I was younger--like you said, life is too short and life is too good! Another one of the many blessings of growing older! JB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?