Friday, April 15, 2005

Blog Vent

Today I was going to blog all about my cruise! How excited I am, how much fun we are going to have, how I would not miss work but would miss blogging (by the way check the comments of the last post to see my “dress decision”.) But this morning something has upset me. One of my favorite bloggers (alright my list is around 30) Chris Green declared he is not going to blog anymore! He posted an excellent post yesterday that spoke to me in so many ways. I even pointed Chris to this post as she is having some struggles. Well someone didn’t like one of the words he used while he quoted someone else!! Now the post is gone and he says he is going to stop! Please jump over to his site and encourage him not to!!

The thing that I have loved the most about blogging is the interaction with other Christians who are “real people”. It is like out here in blog-land we don’t have to worry about what people will say or how they will act if we reveal some of our-self to them. Are we going to become like we are in our churches? Will we just keep our mouth shut because someone may be offended? It is real easy to just move on to the next blog if something offends or upsets you, just move on! I truly debated posting the whole “dress” thing yesterday. I know it does offend some! And to be honest there have been things that others have posted that caused me to raise an eyebrow. When this happens I just move on. This medium does not always accurately express what we are trying to convey. But we can’t throw the baby out with the bath water! We are real people! We are human, we are sinners!! Praise God we are forgiven sinners, but we must bear with each other just as God bears with us.

So thanks to all of you who might have used an inappropriate word, phrase, joke or just admitted that you watched a movie or TV show that might be deemed sinful. I don’t want to read about a lot of uptight people who never do, say, or think anything wrong. Then I would feel left out and alone! I want to know that you face the same problems that I do. I want to hear how you are sometimes dissatisfied with your church and maybe even with yourself! I need to have someplace to go where people are real! I need to read about real Christians, struggling, making wrong choices and right choices, trying and failing, trying and succeeding, but all with the knowledge that we are one in Christ and are trying to complete the journey to be at home with Him and with each other!

If you have a moment tomorrow, pray for Terri and me as we travel. I hope you all have a wonderful week. If God wills it, I will update you next week! If His plans don’t bring me back or He comes back to get us, I will see you in Heaven! Save me a seat!!!

Comments:
I hope you guys have a great trip!

I agree with you about being real in blogging. The intent of my blog was to keep a written record of my daily life with my kids, husband, and my walk with God. Some of it is good, some is funny, but some is also venting about frustrations.

If I can't keep it real, I am not keeping an accurate record, and I am not encouraging others by letting them know that they aren't the only ones lonely, ready to kill their kids (at times), tired, etc.

I hope your blog friend is encouraged to write again.
 
Thanks for the support and encouragement, Donna. I did read the other blog, and as a matter of fact, I printed to show DH! It was eerie - like, this guy is inside my head! I hope he continues writing, too!

Have a wonderful trip!
 
I LOVE the way you are handling the dress dilema! I am praying! Have a wonderful time! JB
 
Wow... leaving with a bang on this post! Christians can be too uptight... and it is self-righteousness that leads the way in that disease. I don't know if any of our church members read my blog or not. I'm sure some would be horrified at some things I post there. But I've never tried to be a manequin cookie-cutter N. B. Hardeman and Guy N. Woods rolled up into one super preacher. I'm just me. And if an occasional damn or hell escapes my keyboard, I got it from your big beloved KJV get over it. Ok, Donna... I joined you in your vent. It felt good. Have a wonderful trip. Take notes. Take pictures. Eat an extra dessert for me, and tell me what it was.
 
Hey Donna,
Thanks for the encouragement! After a week of being quiet (while you were cruisin') I'm back in the game. I think that the frustration just got the best of me. I'm fighting it on several fronts right now, but I've been very encouraged by a blog community that I'm only now getting to know. Thanks for your words.

Keep it real.
Chris

P.S. Hope you had a great time on the trip...look forward to hearing about it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?