Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Dreams

Last night I dreamt that I was to be killed by lethal injection. I had no argument, no leg to stand on because the other person who was to be terminated was George W. Now I am not sure what had put me in the same league with him, but I knew I couldn’t argue for my life when someone much more important was dying as well.

As I was being led to the termination site, there were people all around. I was trying to tell each of them that I knew how much I loved them and how important they were to me. I was thinking I would talk to God after they injected me. Well the dream ended with one of us dying and one of us getting a reprieve. I hated it for George.

I was thinking when I woke from this Benadryl induced dream; who would I want to see if I were dying. Who would I want to say one more thing to? What would I want to do with the last few minutes or hours of my life? In the light of day these questions remain. For all that I am assured of; I could be living the last minutes or hours of my life! Did God send me this dream to help me to realize the importance of telling people how I feel about them daily? Perhaps the dream meant nothing. Perhaps I make too much of such things, but I do think it is a question worth pondering.

Another side note; one more important than me was suffering the same fate… Perhaps this is me trying to learn the lesson that God is no respecter of persons. The things He demands and expects of the “important” people are the same things He demands and expects of me. On the flip side, I am just as “important” to Him as anyone else. That is great news!!

Terri summed all of this up very well: “Where is Joseph when you need him??”

Comments:
I wonder if we put as much emphasis on dreams as we should....they were VERY important in the OT. Right?

Keep dreaming, girl! :)
 
Are you feeling guilty for being a Republican? :) ( remember I am one too!)
I have had some very strange dreams lately. VERY STRANGE! But I have also been fighting insomnia with Tylenol PM so I guess the crazy dreams are to be expected.
It does make me wonder though, where would we be if people in the old testament just chalked up their dreams to what they had for supper or the overly fermented grapes they drank before bedtime? HhhhMMMM
 
I'm just wondering what da' schmak G.W. was doing in your dreams!!!!
 
No guilt for being Republican, No idea what GW was doing in my dream...I was just relieved to live!

The dream was weirder than most. I appreciate FireGuy's attempt at interpretation. I would like to think my work for God is not finished!

But maybe David is right, maybe we need to more closely analyze our dreams....
 
Okay, I need Joseph, too. I dreamed about George W last night, too--totally different dream (he was baptizing one of his twins) and first time I ever dreamed about him. I signed on here, because I am on a trip--heading home, but I just wanted to tell you that I would be praying for you to have a great trip--in case you leave before I sign on again. I hope you plan to blog about it a lot! And, I will have to catch up on the 40 days of fat, and all kinds of other things because I have only spent about 20 minutes in the blogosphere in a week.
Happy cruising! You might go easy on the Benadryl, too.
JB
 
I'm not big on dreams having great meaning. Most of them are nonsensical, and I do not think the ones we read about in the OT were like ours.

BUT... some are quite vivid... and like all stories we can learn something from them. They can evoke emotions and cause us to think ... and perhaps God is using them that way.

Conflicted enough for ya?

Anyhoo... Good question you are asking. There are lots of unspoken things that need to be expressed. Some healing needs to take place, some reconciliation, some encouragement, some forgiveness. But if we do not express these things, they remain undone.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?