Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Falling Short

Thank you to those who have volunteered to be interviewed. I will post the questions later in the week.

Last night I played in a tennis match that was quite disappointing. My partner and I played very well, and we played well together. The team we were playing was also playing very well. We lost by one break in each set. I walked away thinking, we did the best we could we just came up short. This morning I was thinking how comforting that we do not have to worry about that in our spiritual lives. Our opponent is very skilled. He knows all the shots to keep us off balance and out of control. But no matter how many “sets” we drop to him we know we will win the match if we keep in the game. The problem comes when his tactics convince someone they should just quit! You have seen it happen to people, I have too! I have been that person! We should never underestimate the prowess of Satan, but at the same time we have got to be teaching our young people (as well as the “not so young”) to never give up, the ultimate victory will never go to him!

Now just so you know, I am not calling my opponents “little devils”. I would never do that! We will get them next time!!!

Comments:
That's a good reminder. So often the problem is just in a person believing that they're lost and cannot be forgiven. They can't forgive themselves and they can't allow God to forgive them either.
 
I liked that!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?