Friday, April 08, 2005

I Don't Like Me

Do you ever not like yourself? Do you have thoughts, attitudes and reactions to things that seemingly come out of the blue? I am not happy with myself right now. It seems that in every area of my life I am having an “attitude” problem. I don’t want to be judgmental, sarcastic or resentful. I don’t want to let petty things annoy me; I want to handle things like Jesus would have. But I don’t! I slip into being this person that I don’t like. I forget to fill my heart up with God; I forget that He loves the people with whom I am annoyed. I want all of this to go away; I want to be the Light that I am supposed to be not the darkness that I feel I have become.

Today is Friday. The weekend is here. Perhaps I can rest and regroup.

Psalms 94: 19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

God, help me to be who You want me to be. Help me defeat this attitude that Satan has helped me to achieve. Forgive me for my lack of joy and my sour attitude. Lord please help me! I want to do better.

Comments:
you're singing my song. It's not always my song, but it plays a little too often for my comfort ...
 
Bless your heart, it sounds like you have had a tough week. I will be praying for a little peace for you this weekend.
 
chin up, little buckaroo - the sun'll come out...tomorrow...betcher bottom dollar that tomorrow...there'll be sun...

(sorry!)

Feel better!

Blugs!
 
I think it is really really really hard to be like Jesus and be the light most of the time.
Hope you have some time of refreshment this weekend. You are in my prayers!
AND I like you so much I edited my blog and put in "going on a cruise".
JB
 
Put on a happy face. Remember that you are incredibly blessed and that even if you aren't particularly happy w/ yourself that you have your parents, children, grandson, husband, family, friends, and most of all Our Father who caretainly sees your heart and can over look any "attitude" that may show up once in a while. Plus, YOU'RE GOING ON A CRUISE IN A FEW DAYS!!!!!

There, doesn't that help? :)
 
ditto what Clarissa said....
 
I hope you had a refreshing weekend, Donna. I certainly know how you feel.
 
It happens to all of us. Don't be too hard on yourself.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?