Sunday, April 24, 2005

One of kind...Love Affair

Today, I started loving you again.
Now I’m right back,

where I’ve really always been.

Have you ever had that experience? You fell “out-of-love”? I have.

I became disillusioned. I thought that my needs, my wants, my heart was no longer important. I felt like I had been left to make it on my own. Angry, I started looking for another to love, one that would fulfill me, and one that would understand that I needed more. Yet part of me didn’t want to give up. Part of me knew that we had built so much, surely this love could be saved, could be salvaged! After all I had invested years and money not to mention sweat and tears into this relationship. Surely it could be saved.

Then out of nowhere comes something so totally unexpected. I was swept off of my feet! My greatest desires had become reality. You have listened! You do know me! You care about me and you care about the way I want to express myself! Oh yes, today I started loving you again! Oh, I am not naïve; I know that we have a long way to go. But that little spark lets me know that I do still love you! I want to make this work. And I know that if we both are trying that it can. Truly it is not all about me! I can sacrifice and I can be patient. After all I am assured that good things come to those who wait!

This is a great mystery, but I am talking about my church. Just when I think all hope is gone I am captivated by the many who love Jesus just as much as I do. I am overwhelmed by the opportunity to show my love and support of others. I am blessed to be a part of this “family of God”.

Comments:
Oh yes... Donna is back. God has placed some wonderful people around us. We sometimes forget how much we need them...and how much they need us.
 
I have been there--and I am glad God brought me back each time. I think our hearts so easily wander. But, they also can love again! I am glad you are there now!
JB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?