Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Rain Sweet Rain

There is a slow steady rain beating down outside my office window.

Thank you God! Thank you for washing away some of that green stuff (pollen) that has settled so ruthlessly in the back of my throat. Thank you for the cleansing properties of the rain you send us!

The only positive thing about this reaction I have to pollen is that for one or two days my voice sounds like Demi Moore. If somehow it would only transform me into her body for a couple of days….(oh well, a girl can dream can’t she?)

I am thinking of an old hymn this morning; “My Jesus Knows Just What I Need”. So many times though, I don’t pray for “just what I need”, I pray for what I WANT! I think that is o.k. too! God wants us to bring Him all of our request. He wants our lives to be so centered on Him that we would not hesitate to ask for anything. I didn’t think to pray for rain to relieve me of this allergy thing. But I am very grateful for the rain. I am grateful that My Jesus knows what I need!

Comments:
Whenever my voice gets all throaty a la Demi (whether due to allergies, a cold, or screaming the night before at a ballgame or concert), I like to re-record my outgoing message on my voice mail--that way I get to enjoy that voice for a lot longer! It always seems much more interesting than my usual voice! :)

The older I get and the more I experience, the more I believe that God truly does know exactly what I need, and exactly when I need it. Waiting on His timing is probably what I have struggled with the most. I'm getting better at accepting His timing and His ways--they ALWAYS prove themselves to be what's best in the long run.
 
The proclamation that Jesus knows just what I need is both a comforting and a sobering thought. It is comforting because I know my need will be supplied. It is sobering because if I don't have it, I obviously don't need it, even though I may have thought I did. : )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?