Saturday, April 23, 2005

Routine- It's alright

Yesterday was the last work-day of vacation! As I was sitting and reading blogs my son called. I ended up going to lunch with him, Mary and Matthew and my daughter Diana. We had a great time. After hinting heavily that I could/should I offered to keep Matthew for the afternoon. We had a wonderful time. He is almost 9 months old and is into everything. He amuses himself for long periods of time trying to figure things out. I love that little boy so much. I know you all don't want to hear doting grandma stories, but he shapes my life and my attitude in so many ways.

Last night David and I went out to eat at Ruby Tuesday's. This is a Friday night routine of sorts for us. The waiter asked if we were traveling. I am sure he was impressed with my tropical tan.....

This morning I will be hitting the tennis courts. I have not even thought about tennis for over a week, so I might be rusty. I was dreaming before I woke up that we had a new trainer who was telling me I had to be able to jump over the net and do a 360 in mid air...... I woke up stressed because I knew that I couldn't do it.

It is awesome that God does not ask us to do great things for Him. He just wants our life. He knows it is not perfect... He made us. He knows we fight a battle with His enemy everyday. He is ready to help us if we will only ask Him. The best I can do... doing it on "purpose"; really, all that God wants from me!

Happy routine Saturday folks!!

Comments:
I think you got it figured--he wants 100% of me--then He will do the rest! Glad you enjoyed your afternoon with Matthew--what a way to wrap up your vacation days!
Did your game come right back today??
JB
 
Hope you have a really fun game!

And keep telling those grandma stories. It does my heart good to see a grandma that truly loves to spend time with her grandson. : )

Cheers! : )
 
I'm so glad you're back! congrats on only finding 1 pound on vacation - a cruise no less. From what I understand, on a cruise you can eat yourself to death and it's all part of the deal. Nice work!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?