Thursday, April 07, 2005

Uneasiness

Nothing feels “right”. There is a sense of unease in my life. I can’t lose myself in work; I am having trouble reading (sounds serious); I can’t find complete contentment in a good tennis match. What is going on? Don’t you hate those times of un-rest? Perhaps God puts them on our hearts to help us to long for home. Maybe He wants us to turn it over to Him. Perhaps He is disappointed that I try to find the answers to this uncertainty without just giving it to Him.

Don’t get me wrong, I am very happy. I have a wonderful life and I love all of the people who make it so rich. But there is that blasted elephant! This is the start of the unease, but it goes deeper than that. Perhaps this situation is making me ask myself the really tough questions. How can this be better? How can I make that happen? Do I want to put myself out there? What are you really trying to accomplish?

At any rate, I think vacation is just what the Dr. ordered for me. Nine more days till I sail away……

Comments:
Don't forget to leave some peanuts behind for the elephant, Donna.

If he's like my angst-elephant, he'll be there when you get back - bigger than ever! - saying, "Well, wasn't that little break just like heaven? It wasn't? Aw, too bad."

No wonder I want to ship him back where he came from.

And I'm not talking about India or Africa.
 
yaay, I think it's time for some VC!! JB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?