Tuesday, May 24, 2005

29 and Holding...

Sunday was our 29th wedding anniversary. How can that be? I am only 29 years old!! Actually I did get married when I was 17 (46 for those of you doing the math). Where I am from (rural Alabama) that was just what you did, you grew up, you fell in love and you got married. OK I pushed it a little, I still had a year of school left, and no I was not pregnant, just ready to start my life with the man I loved.

The early years were so much fun. Before the kids came we were kids. We would go to drive-in movie on Thursday night when it was $1.00 per car load. That was really all we could afford. We used to play football on Sunday afternoons. We played basketball with the siblings. We would go to the lake and ski all day and cook out in the evening. We used to play cards until all hours of the night and we would sit up and watch the Braves even back when they stunk! David played softball in those days and we spent many a night at the softball field. Tournaments would sometimes not end till wee hours of the morning.

Before we knew it we were in the days of child raising and career pushing. It was often hard to find time for each other. We were both working hard trying to advance in our selected fields. The children took up all of our spare time, but life was still very good. We have two beautiful and unique children. They are not perfect; no we earned these gray hairs we now cover up! But they brought so much joy to our lives, they still do. We found we could do a lot of the things we did before, but now include the children. One of my favorite things during their teenage years were the nights we were all at home watching a movie and eating popcorn together.
Now we move back to “couple” years. Sure, it is different. We do have the children, we have a wonderful grandson, but it is great to get to know the man I married all over again. He has not had an easy time being married to me. I am not the typical girly-girl. I don’t like to cook or clean too much. I am very competitive and like nothing better than a good debate. I read too much, now days I blog too much, I play tennis too much and get too excited about NASCAR races. He is a wonderful athletic man. He loves me warts and all. He compliments and encourages me. He is very patient and a wonderful craftsman. He did most of the remodeling of our house by himself! I would say that I married very well!

Happy anniversary baby, I am looking forward to the next 29 years!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I wish I had some before pictures with me.... maybe later!

Comments:
Sounds like you have a real winner! Congratulations on your anniversary!
 
Congrats
 
Thanks or sharing, we all need more great examples shared. And Nice pictures.
 
Congratulations! Love the pictures.
 
Congratulations!
 
CONGRATULATIONS!! You are so young, why not go for at least 39 more years? The pictures are great--I LOVE that dress you are wearing (big wink). JB
 
Bravo for you and your husband! I pray for many more for you!
 
The little black dress! Did I not tell ou he would book a cruise just to see you in that! :)
 
OH NO! That is not THE DRESS! We would have to take about 10 inches off of the hem and a yard of fullness off... mummy tight!!
 
Congratulations and happy anniversary! And don't worry, I have not fallen off the planet...just got back from a vacation to D.C. and NYC and have been too mentally exhausted to blog anything coherent (not that that's necessarily stopped me from blogging before!). Will come up with something soon, so keep stopping by... :)
 
I don't see any warts.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?