Thursday, May 05, 2005

How to Name a Blog?

I was just noticing that many of the blogs I read have very meaningful names. Some of my favorite names in no particular order;

Paralysis By Analysis
Light & Salt
Blog in My Own Eye
This Road That We Travel
Out Here Hope Remains
A New Life Emerging
A Wonderful Life
Adventures in Following Jesus
Laments of the Unfinished
In His Big Grip
Life to the Full
From the Inside Out
Walking the Walk

Yet for some reason my blog is named Chit Chat, hmmm, maybe that speaks volumes about me. However, if I were naming it today I don’t know that I would name it anything different. I make you no promises with the name that I can’t keep. Chit chat is what we do when we don’t want to go too deep in conversation. There are times when I go out to the deep end, but I don’t really want you to expect it from me. I don’t know if I could live up to your expectations. So I think Chit Chat fits me. Nothing real heavy you will have to chew on for a long time. Usually not something that will take you more than 1 minute to read. And truly I love and encourage comments so I think we will just stay Chit Chat. (You know of course that rhymes with Kit Kat! Sorry CG)

Comments:
Chit chat's fine.. heh.
 
I'm with you on the not-so-deep all the time....that's me too!!! I love reading your chit chat, though!! :-)
 
Does it have to go very deep to be meaningful?

How many times does a small light gesture (i.e. lady at Walmart) or a kind word mean more than a rousing sermon on the exegesis of Deutoronomy?
 
Couldn't help but notice that most of those blogs are written by those of us of the male species. Maybe we take ourselves too seriously.

Maybe it's because we're facing extinction!
 
Thanks Keith, I don't think I would have read that article had you not linked it! I am not sure I learned much except that Blue Whale's should be very happy!!
 
So do you think most women name their blogs something fluffy and the men have some name of substance?? Very interesting!! JB
 
All are creative names, Blog in my own eye.....has my vote
 
I dunno, Donna... I think you often toss out some pretty deep thoughts! But Chit-Chat is still a great title.
 
Hmm, JB; maybe I need a shot from the point-of-view-gun featured in "Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy." It forces you to see the shooter's point-of-view!

My wife's favorite line: Trillian, when Zaphod pointed the gun at her: "It won't work on me. I'm already a woman."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?