Monday, May 02, 2005

Kick Off- 40 Days of Fat

Yesterday was the official beginning of the 40 days of fat. Think about June 9th, wouldn’t you like to look better by then? Wouldn’t you like to lose a couple of pounds, maybe a few inches and at the same time help some people? Fajita started this 40 Days of Fat as a way to motivate him to lose weight and to raise some money for World Vision. I gladly joined because I am getting to the part in my weight loss where it is real easy to say, whew, I’ve done it! Then the weight creeps right back on. It is a life-long battle for me. I will never be able to put my guard down and just eat anything I want without working out. I just have to fight it. And there are always new temptations around the corner. For instance, I have never even heard of a White Chocolate Kit Kat, but since Fajita has lamented losing the same I have become obsessed with trying one! Thanks man! Actually I stood in the grocery store after church yesterday and picked one up. Fortunately I realized it was the 1st of May and the official beginning so I put it back down! That was close!

The spiritual applications are obvious. We must always wear our armor and be prepared to fight the rulers of darkness. Sometimes he will disguise himself as a friend, he will tempt us through the people we love the most. Knowing this is coming and be prepared to fight it is the only way to overcome it.

Below I have posted my 40 Days of Fat program. I will link it on my sidebar and keep it updated. I went retroactive to the 1st of the year. You don’t have to do that, just start now. Just give up that daily candy bar and pitch in that $1.00 to World Vision. Together we can make a difference.

Comments:
WooHoo!!! You go girl!! What a parallel eh? The body and the bamk account depletes together. Heh.

This 40 days of fat thingy is such a cool idea. And it may be a diet/fun/charity thingy, but I want to assure you that the Lord is watching you. And no effort you put in will escape His eye.

So keep running the next couple of weeks faithfully, with your eyes on Him as well eh? God does take an interest in our physical shape you know. You never know if miracles would happen. And of course in this case you'll be blessed, just for you to bless back! Heh.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?