Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Month in Review

The last day of May; has it been a month to remember? Yes. I celebrated my anniversary with my sweet husband. My children were very good to me on Mother’s day. I went on a cruise. My grandson started walking and he had his first boat ride. My preacher has left me. I started 40 days of Fat (see update for final 10 days). I worked on friendship at a lot of different levels. I saw the final Star Wars Movie at the new theatre which opened in May.

Sunday I read something that was profound to me. I read and re-read it. I hi-lighted, underscored, and even wrote my thoughts down about this chapter. It was on spiritual growth. It listed the three things we must do to begin to be transformed.
  1. Stop what we are doing
  2. Change the way we think
  3. Start doing the things we are supposed to do.


I realized that the one I have the most trouble with is #2. This grey matter inside of my head just will not always cooperate with me. I know that Satan knows how to use our minds against us. I don’t always have my “shields” up. At least I know where I need to improve.

My point though is that I needed to meditate on what I had read. I went to bed last night with some feelings of guilt because I had not done any reading all day. I started to go back and do a little Bible reading before lying down, but it came to me. God doesn’t want me picking up my Bible just to fill a quota. I think we neglect the meditation part of study all too much. Or at least I do. I wasn’t through chewing on what I had read yet. There was still more for to glean from this. So maybe I am changing the way I think about study… I love to watch the Spirit work when I just give him a chance


Comments:
I think I have trouble with all 3 of those--and that could really be keeping the Holy Spirit from doing what He needs to do.
JB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?