Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Blessings

Why do you think life is so easy for some and such a struggle for others? I realize there are decisions and paths we chose for our lives that shape it to some degree, but you have seen people who just can’t seem to catch a break. People that are smarter than you, people who had the same opportunities you had and yet they can’t seem to get it together. I don’t see the profound happiness in their lives that I sometimes think mine would have if I could get rid of the “material” stuff. I don’t understand the blessings of this life, I do know that they are not the important thing, and very possibly can be a hindrance to us reaching our full potential in Christ.

I don’t know why that was brought to my mind this morning; probably because I am about to leave the office and go play tennis this morning. I will come back to work and I do work hard, but do I work as hard as the lady who works at the Truck Stop? Nah! I think sometimes I just have got to learn to be grateful for the blessings in my life, and not try to figure out why I am so blessed.

Thank you God! Please help me to live up to the blessings and the gifts you have bestowed upon me. Help me realize with gifts comes responsibility!!

Comments:
Great post! I wonder sometimes if the things we label "BLESSING" are really blessings at all? It rocks my world sometimes if I think about it too much. Can something be a blessing if it gets between us and God?

Thanks!
DU
 
Good thoughts this morning. It is hard to understand.
 
I have been thinking along these same lines today--it always blows me away when I pull up a blog and that's just where I have been!!!
I like David's question--is it a blessing if it comes between us and God??
Now, I am going to have to think some more!
JB
 
Skip,

I don't want to be "Mom"! Can I just be a little sister or maybe a big sister?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?