Monday, June 20, 2005

Book Tag

Chris Green tagged me, so here goes…

Number of books I own: Approximately 670. I did not get in the closets and boxes to do an exact count.

Last book I bought: I bought a NLT Bible last month, I ordered three books prior to that, Searching For God Knows What by Donald Miller, A New Kind of Christian by Brian McLaren, and Out of the Question and Into the Mystery by Leonard Sweet

Last book I read: Everybody’s Normal Till You Get to Know Them- John Ortbert

Book I’m Reading: I also read more than one at a time, but the main one is The Divine Conspiracy- Dallas Willard

Books that mean a lot to me (in no particular order):

Forgiven Forever- Joe Beam

The Jesus Proposal- Rubel Shelley and John York

If You Want to Walk On Water, You’ve Got To Get Out of The Boat — I like all of Ortberg’s stuff, but this has been my favorite.

In the fiction category- I like James Patterson’s Alex Cross series. I have really enjoyed Brian Haig’s books. I am looking forward to the new Harry Potter book and laugh if you want to but I really enjoyed the Left Behind Series. I was not reading it to establish or confirm “end-times” doctrine. I just enjoyed reading a fast paced novel with Christianity as the center of the characters lives.

Tag 5 More:

I am not going to tag 5- but I am going to tag JD I think I owe him one.

However, if you would like to do this it is fun, so consider yourself tagged.

Comments:
I enjoyed the "Left Behind" series for exactly the same reasons you did. I am still not pre-mil, but they are great fiction.
Because of you, "Divine Conspiracy" is on my list to read. I've already checked our church library and they don't have it--so I may have to buy it. Sounds like it will take more than one plane ride to conquer that one!
JB
 
Of course I read Chichton and Cromwell. I have all of the Kay Scarpetta books. I have also read all of John Grisham's books, Did I mention I love to read!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?