Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Earl King

This morning I found out that a very dear man to me, Earl King, had passed from this life. Last year I had posted about his family and how important they had been in my life. At that time I said he was not a member of our church. I am so grateful to report that had changed. During the last year he had given his life to God and worshipped with his family. This is truly the only thing in life that matters when it comes down to it.

It is rare when an entire family befriends you. But this is what happened with the King family. At one time Jane Ann and I were very close. She is one of the sweetest and kindest ladies on earth. Her husband Rodney is a perfect compliment to her. Their love for each other and their son Josh is a textbook description of a “near-perfect” Christian marriage. Her brother Doug and his wife Melissa became our lake and beach buddies. Our families spent so much time together when my children were younger that my children think of them as part of the family, they are truly special friends. Even the older brother Jack who lives in Arizona seems like family. He is an Air Force guy like both of my brothers and has a home on the lake I live on. I see him about as often as my own brothers. Marie is one of the godliest women I know. She has been my example and my sounding board while I was raising my kids. She just had a knack of knowing when I needed a boost, when things were getting to me. She helped me to realize that some things were just not important and to not worry about them. There are many times in my life when she has been the one to turn to for balance. She is the perfect role model for me as a grandmother. Her grandchildren absolutely adore her. I love Marie King.

Earl was so much like my own dad. He enjoyed life and enjoyed talking to people. He never was too busy to give me a hug and a word of encouragement. His family was so important to him and to me one of the most important measures of a man’s life is how he treats his family. He loved his family. They loved him. He is truly going to be missed..

Comments:
Words will probably fall way short, but for what it is worth.....I am sorry for your loss of a dear friend.

DU
 
I am sorry for your loss as well. What a blessing though that he gave his life over to God. He is with our Lord today!
 
I am so sorry!
 
Donna,
I know you are hurting for the loss. We weep with you.
 
So sorry. I'm glad you have fond memories of him.
 
I'm sorry to hear that. I know he will be greatly missed by you and so many who knew him. Reading your blog, I wish I had known him as well. You're in my prayers.
 
Prayers for you and everyone he touched.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?