Monday, June 06, 2005

God in All My Senses

Today I saw God

The sun in its glorious end of the day color, partially obscured by a cloud as it began its evening descent, still sent its beauty across the water where it was reflected again and again in the ripples of the lake. How can you see a sunset and not see God?

Today I could smell God

The overwhelming nostalgic smell of fresh cut grass as it bakes in the sunshine. A smell that brings back memories of youth and a smell that re-assures us that God is in control of the seasons.

Today I could hear God

The birds don’t wait until I am fully awake to start their singing. They extol the name of the creator who promised that he would care for us much more than the birds. They awake with songs of praise, should I not be doing the same?

Today I could taste God

Is there any taste as sweet, as indescribable as the taste of a child’s kiss? Tickling, teasing and just kissing their heads and hands because here in this precious child you truly taste the sweetness of God.

Today I could feel God

I feel the hot sun beating down on my shoulders and arms heating my body to the point that it begins to sweat. The moisture of my sweat captures the breeze that flows in the air and cools me off. How can I experience the marvel of my body’s response to the weather and not feel God?

Today I could feel God

I heard a new song that spoke of my unworthiness in light of the goodness of God. It spoke of my struggle to do the right thing but confessed that I fall short. My heart swelled as I heard the words that my spirit wanted to sing to God. My tears scalded my cheeks as my heart swelled with the knowledge that I am covered by his grace and he loves me so much that NOTHING can separate me from that love.


Comments:
Beautiful observations, Donna. Keep your senses open...God is near.
 
Wow! What a breath of fresh air for all the senses. What an incredible description and testimony to our awesome God and to his creative power in our lives.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?