Saturday, June 25, 2005

Goodbye Friend.

It was an emotional day. It is hard to say good-bye to friends on earth. While in our heart we know they are in a much better place, our head tells us they belong here with us. It is hard to understand a life we don’t know, but we are assured it is much better than the life we are struggling through. I am glad God told us his ways are not our ways.

At the funeral I looked around and realized that I knew almost everyone there. For all the ways that our church families are not perfect, they are family! The love in that room, the concern for our hurting members; that is a taste of what heaven will be about. I was also impressed with the singers. I have stood in the back as part of the singing group many times. I have never had the opportunity to be sitting where I could here the blending of the voices. It was beautiful; yet another glimpse of heaven.

It is funny how when someone leaves this life everything you see is a reminder of them. From the kind of car they drove to their boat on the lake. We went for a boat ride this afternoon and went by the lake lot where we used to get together to eat hamburgers and play on the boat. Earl always welcomed us as part of his family. I don’t know why we all bonded, but I am thankful that we did.

It was a beautiful day to pay respect to a good man. I look forward to the day when we can all be together again.

Comments:
I am sorry for your loss and will hold up your hands in prayer. I voiced the sentiment you shared this morning from the pulpit as we surprised a family with a large cash gift to help them through a troubled time. "What do people do who don't have a church family?" I pray I never find out for, as imperfect as church people are, they are the best kind of family to have.
 
God bless you in your sorrow. May the Good Shepherd lead your heart beside the quiet waters where you can see reflected in them His glory.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?