Sunday, June 12, 2005

Humility

It is very humbling to be a sports fan. The Braves lost again. Saturdays game was great though! Smoltz pitched a complete game and Brian McCann got his first major league home-run. This was the first game I had seen them win in awhile. Today they lost again. I want the Braves to win but I will be a fan regardless.

The #8 team is not performing too well this year. They are not going to make the chase for the cup! There are many problems with the team, mostly I don't think they have gelled as a "team" yet. I don't know the answer to this problem either. I will be a Jr. fan regardless, although my loyalty here does not run as deep as it does with the Braves! If Carl Edwards of the #99 team would switch to a Chevrolet I would be a fan! He is good, he is enthusiastic, he can do a back flip after driving for 500 miles! Awesome!

I have high hopes for the Crimson Tide. They have struggled for the last several years. I hope that this will be the year that Mike Shula can pull the team together. He has had time now to develop and communicate his coaching style and methods. I HATE losing to Auburn! I don't want to be that humble anymore.

For all my frustrations with sports, I find that I don't get as upset or irritated as I used to. I have finally realized how unimportant all of this is in the grand scheme of things. When it comes to the game of life I win sometimes and I lose sometimes. It sure is a painful way to develop humility.

It is great to know that I have a fan who will not give up on me. No matter how many games I blow or walls I hit, Jesus will be in my cheering section. That is truly humbling.

Comments:
Once again, a very timely and very relevant message!
 
Rusty Rulz!!!
 
We will have to have a prayer vigil for our beloved Crimson Tide! All of my life, they have been such an incredible team. It is humbling and said how they have deteriorated these past few years.

My husband is a huge Braves fan. He always boasts that he was a fan even in the 80s when they were horrible! I guess that makes him a real fan.
 
Best regards from NY!
Ambridge internet service provider
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?