Friday, June 17, 2005

Media Alert!

Grandmother trying to deny the deteriorating of her physical prowess falls on her butt, and unfortunately her left hand while trying to run backwards and hit a tennis ball!!

Other than my dignity which was sorely bruised, I have also “jammed” my left arm. I put my hand down to break the fall and pretty much took all of my weight on this arm. The good news is No Broken Bones…the bad news is I cannot straighten my left arm out, I cannot lift it over my head and sometimes I just have waves of pain through the arm. My sweet husband had to help me dry my hair, and some of the simplest of things become very difficult with one arm. Fortunately I was not hurt badly and plan to be back on the tennis courts next week!!

I had a moment while I was waiting on the Doctor where I lapsed into a moment of self-pity. I have a lot of things on my mind including being behind at work and facing the reality that one of my best friends is probably moving. I don’t like dealing with things I can’t control. Now here is this pain that just don’t care what my mind says, it takes over the moment it appears and controls all of me! Yet amid anything I can call trials I can see that I am blessed beyond reason. If I drew up the famous T-chart and listed the good things in my life on one side and the bad things on the other it would be totally weighted on the side of good. So I quickly fought off the urge to cry and am working on having a wonderful day!

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. I Peter 5:7

That means ME TOO!!

Comments:
DJG,
must have been a day for getting hurt. I had another softball injury last night. Glad you have a friend you care so much about.
 
I'm so glad you weren't hurt worse! I have a friend who fell backwards and had a major concussion recently while playing tennis. She is still suffering some of the side effects.
 
I am so glad you didn't hurt yourself so badly you couldn't blog!!
No, really, I am glad you have such a good attitude about it.
When can you play tennis again??
JB
 
I am planning on practicing Monday night...if all goes as planned. I can't serve, but I want have to at practice.

Thanks to all for the well-wishes.
 
well, my injury (which my 5 year old reminded me "I told you not to get hurt") happened like this. As I went to second to turn a double play on a ball hit to the 3rd baseman, I saw that all I could see looking to third was a bright orange ball, called the sun. I could see his outline and that he was indeed throwing to me. By the way this guy plays college baseball. So I had NO idea where the ball was headed. It was close, everyone let out a collective grunt, men turned their heads, mothers covered their children's eyes. It looked like I had opted for the church softball vasectomy. But luckily that was not the case. The guy running to second got hurt worse, he tried to run me over to stop a double play. I don't get knocked over too easy (lots of football in another life). So as he rolled around on the ground, I recovered, picked up the ball and walked over and touched it to his foot. My teamates said I did it coldly.
 
Suddenly my arm doesn't hurt so bad! Ouch!!!
 
Just be careful... remember around T'giving when my g'ma feel and broke her hand and vertebrate? It was the same kind of fall, minus the tennis gane and with the addition of some groceries in her hands. Of course, she's a good 30+ years older than you are and the rehab only lasted for 10 days. Consider yourself lucky lady! :) Seriously, I'm glad that all is well. Maybe you'll end up improving your tennis game b/c of it?!!?!?
 
Will be praying for the healthy recovery of arm movement (and perhaps a little more caution?--nah; it's too fun, isn't it?)!
 
Do you want some cheese with that whine? Oh, maybe it was grape juice! :)

Sorry Donna.......hope you feel better soon, girl!

DU
 
OUCH! Take care!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?