Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Memories, Like the Corners of My Mind

It is official; today is my one-year blog-o-versary.

The thought of starting a blog originated for me by reading Mike Cope’s blog. I am sure many of you could say the same thing. Soon I learned to click on the comments and read the blog’s of the commentors. “Wow! This is cool,” I thought, “I think I can do this too!” With a little push (or a lot of nagging) Terri convinced me to start my own. I had disclosed to her my desire to write. This seemed like a good way to fulfill that desire. Somehow knowing that just one person might read what I had written was enough to keep me going.

I went back and read some of my first two month’s post last night. Sometimes my writing actually impressed me. But most of all I am just glad that I did it. I recorded my first experiences as a grandmother (Matthew turned 11 months old yesterday!). I shared with you how I came up with the name Mi-Mi, I am not sure I would have remembered it if I had not written it down. I have written of friends I have lost through death. I have been able to share my love for the people who are special to me. I have made commitments, rose to challenges, monitored my reading and learned to review everyday and take some kind of lesson from it whether good or bad. I have gone from a mild concern that I was writing this stuff and no one would ever read it, to worrying about too many people reading it. Slowly I have begun to reveal more and more of myself. In the beginning it was only initials, later I added my full name, since I have shortened to first name, last initial. I have shared my hopes and frustrations with my church and myself. I shared with you the attending of my first Zoë conference as well as other trips Terri and I have made together. Sharing the birthday outings we have had with our group at church ensures that I will always have those memories to cherish.

So I thank those of you who stop by from time to time. I truly enjoy this writing experience. I enjoy all of your comments but do not write just to receive them; they are just icing on an already delicious cake. I find greater joy and spend much more time reading the blog’s of others. Thank you for all the ways that you have blessed and enriched my life. May we blog to “infinity and beyond”!

Comments:
Happy blogiversary!!! Isn't it neat how we all managed to find each other... the Lord's ways ~ truly mysterious.
 
So glad there were people in your life to encourage you to blog! You have been a true blessing!
 
Thanks for all the cake. And for letting us put on some icing! Happy Blog Birthday to you!...

I am going back to comment more on yesterday.
 
Happy blog-o-versary to you! I have been blessed by your writing and your commenting. Thanks for being a new friend!
 
We share a Blogaversary! I didn't know that! WOW! You are one of my favorite "reads" and therefore one of my favorite people! HAPPY BLOG-A-VERSARY!
 
Happy blogiversary. It's funny - I was at Zoe too. I wonder if we encountered each other.
 
Way to make it one year. :-) Keep it up.
 
Congratulations on your big anniversary!
I cannot tell you how much I have been blessed by find your little spot on the internet!
Here's to another year!
JB
 
God bless you Donna and thanks for being such an encourager to so many of us!
 
Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement you give to me and so many others through your writing. Hope you have many more blogging years ahead of you!
 
Congratulations, Donna! You have touched a lot of people in your writings. I feel blessed to have gotten to know you in this cool art of blogation!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?