Friday, June 03, 2005

Rhythm

Rhythm- this is the word on my mind this morning; according to Dictionary.com the 7th definition is -Procedure or routine characterized by regularly recurring elements, activities, or factors:

I define myself as being a “change agent”. After yesterday’s post that may mean it is a negative quality. My last boss considered it a negative thing. He liked that I would think outside of the box, but often accused me of wanting change just for the sake of change. Now this is the same man who will not allow his office staff to sit at the same desk for more than 6 months without changing someone around…. But wait, this is about me!

This morning I realize that I don’t like change, just for the sake of change. There are certain activities, elements and factors that I would like to stay roughly the same. When something ain’t broke, don’t fix it! I also realize that I am in big trouble! My attitude, my growth, my sanity is about to be challenged!

You see, all I had to deal with this morning was a new “spin” instructor. Thus, my thoughts on rhythm, she needed some! I kept thinking during class “give her a chance”, but the thought would be quickly followed up by “I could tell her how to do this better!”

Last night we were watching a documentary on the Eagles. They made the statement that they knew their audience and had no problem playing the music that they had paid to hear! If you know what people want, why don’t you try and give it to them? I know that no two people are going to be exactly the same and they should not try to be, but when you observe what is working why can’t you get a clue?

Wait Donna, this is hardly the crisis that you lead us to believe you were about to encounter. No. But we are about to start looking for a new pulpit minister. I have got to adjust my attitude and my expectations before this process begins. I cannot place unrealistic expectations on every person that comes to try out. Oh, it won’t affect them any, it will just drive me nuts! I truly believe that God is going to use this change in our church to stimulate us to new levels of spiritual growth. I must continue to look forward to that and not worry about the “instructors” who will come and go with their different methods. God will find the man for us if we can truly put our faith in him.

I just pray that my tolerance level will be greater for these servants of God than it was today for my struggling “spin” instructor!

Comments:
When you look at each 'tryout' ask yourself this question: "Will this person feed me spiritual vegetables or spiritual candy?". Most of us want candy, but need vegetables.
 
I hate change, and admit it--however, usually after I get adjusted to a new rhythm--I am happier than ever before with where God has led me. I am praying that happens for you--once you get a new minister--you will adjust and see the new levels of spiritual growth and be absolutely amazed!
JB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?