Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sad Saturday

The puppy that wondered up in my yard last week belonged to my neighbor. He had left a message on our phone and I took him home Thursday when we found out where he belonged. When I got home from work/eating out last night he was in Hooch's dog house. It was raining. I just let him stay there. This morning I went down to check and see if he was still there. He was gone, I assumed he had gone home. I decided to check the fish pond before I went back upstairs. I have enjoyed watching them more since we have four baby fish. It was still raining so I was going to just look from under the awning. Something was in the pond....Oh no! The little puppy had fallen in and drowned! It broke my heart. We knew we would have to tell the neighbor what had happened (read DAVID would have to tell him). We left for a while and had just got back home when we saw him drive up with a new dog pen on the back of the truck! "Stake, right through the heart". Well David took the puppy home and broke the news. The neighbor said the puppy did come home last night, that at least relieved my guilt.

I am sitting here amazed at how badly this upsets me. Dogs are capable of unconditional love. Maybe that is why we get so attached to them. They do not have unconditional trust. Shelby the big black dog will not go near my son on the boat dock since he threw in the water two years ago. She loves him, but I don't think she trust him anymore, at least not around water.

Dogs are not people. People lose their lives and lose our trust daily. THIS should really upset me!

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?