Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Where Are You?

I had my first match with the team of which I am captain last night! We started with a mark in the WIN column! Yeah! I would like to think that I am not only getting a little better at tennis, but I am also relaxing some and enjoying it more. Watching Wimbledon this week helps me realize that paid professionals with no other job but watching the lines misses a few calls now and then. Recreational players making calls in the midst of playing are going to miss some. Now believe it or not, I worry more about the calls I may have missed than the ones that are called against me (unless it seems to be intentional bad calls). But last night I thought “hey, I am being as fair as I can be, if I miss it, I miss it” and I had Fun!!

There is a carnival that comes to the park where we were playing every 4th of July. Last night they were setting up the equipment right next to our courts. The noise of the generators and the hammering on the machines was a little distracting. I felt like I was screaming when I called the scores.

It was interesting that the guys setting up the big slide right beside our court were totally into our tennis match. Somehow they found it much more interesting than their work. In the meantime I was thinking how cool that slide looked and how much fun it would be to go down it. Which just goes to show no matter which side of the fence you are on (with the exception of maybe prison yards) the other side always looks more appealing.

In the 70’s there was a song “Love the One Your With”. The gist of the lyrics is if you can’t be with the one that you love just to love the one your with. I think we could find much happiness in life if we could learn to “Love The Place We are In”. No matter how entertaining or appealing another place looks, we cheat ourselves of the joy of the moment if we don’t learn to love where we ARE!

So for today, that is my goal. ‘Gonna be happy where I am and find the good in all that I do! Will you join me?

Comments:
Amen. We can never be reminded enough.
 
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence because there is so much crap over there.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?