Sunday, July 10, 2005

Faith---

We are bracing for the impact that Hurricane Dennis will have on our state. This morning as we prepared for the Lord’s Supper the man presiding mentioned when Jesus calmed the storm after being asleep on the boat. I started thinking. The storm for the disciples was scary. They thought they were going to die. He told his disciples that they had “little faith”. You know, this same Jesus is in charge of the world today. Do we have faith to believe that he could make this storm go away? How many of us prayed today for the storm to “go away”? I confess, my prayer was for the storm to lessen, not to go away. Why? I know my faith is weak. I pray for more faith. Do you have enough faith to pray for the hurricane to stop?

Comments:
I have been thinking of you today. I hope the storm and flooding doesn't hit you too hard.
 
I have been thinking of you all today, too--how are you??

JB
 
At 6:55 p.m. there is a strip of blue through the north central part of the state....Cullman, my home.

We are bracing for a tough night, but so far so good!

Thanks for your concern!
 
Thinking and praying for you all day.....
 
I was with Sj this weekend and we thought of you and TL as we watched rthe storm coverage. Saying a prayer for you and all in Alabama tonight!
 
Glad you fared well, Donna. We did also. I prayed for the hurricane to dissipate. I couldn't pray for it to go somewhere else ... maybe 'out to sea' ... but just to dissipate. It did weaken at the end, and I am thankful for God's tender mercies ... even to be found in the storm.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?