Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Happy Birthday Matthew

Today is my grandson’s birthday…he is one!!

Today I understand unconditional love. I understand a protective love and an all encompassing love. Today I also understand why God wants us to become as children when we love him. That little boy loves me. He trusts me and knows that I won't let him get hurt. He lays his head on me when he is tired and reaches for the refrigerator when he is hungry, knowing I will get him what he needs. Does he get angry with me? Yes. Does he sometimes try to get his way? Of course he does. But just because he doesn’t get the answer or thing he wants he does not quit loving me or trusting me. It is hard for me to think of anything he could do to take my love from him.

How much greater is God’s love for us. How much more should we trust him and believe that while we may not “like” the answer we get, that it is the best thing for us. God, help me to love you like a child!

Comments:
If God teaches more about Himself through grandchildren than he did children, I am going to have to get more brain space somehow.

Happy Birthday Matt!

JB
 
Happy Birthday Little Matthew! I love first birthdays! We have one coming in two weeks.
 
He's one ALREADY?!??!?! Happy Birthday Matthew!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?