Sunday, July 24, 2005

Hot, but Wonderful

Yesterday was a great day. I got up and went to play tennis (big surprise huh). Yes it was hot! The heat index was way over 100. For those of you not familiar with the heat index, we use that to factor in the oppressive humidity you hear us talk about all the time. If you don’t think it is a factor, come on down and sweat awhile!

Anyway, after a great tennis match (which of course means my team won) I rushed home got a shower and headed for my Mom’s house. Both of my brothers were there and we were going to spend some time together and have a wonderful meal. It is so good just to sit around and reminisce with my brothers. Daddy even brought up the whole “chicken pit” thing. I told him I would print him off something I had written about that episode.

It is funny how the last two times we all sat down to eat together (a year and a half apart), when we talk to God and ask him to bless the food and our family, I can’t help but tear-up. I silently thank God that we are all together and relatively healthy. I know that the odds are against us being here again, when we scatter our gatherings out so much. I enjoyed a simple evening of talking and eating and trying to stay cool. I told the boys in the old days we would have been out in the yard playing softball, or football, or something! Too many trees and flower beds now, and maybe, just maybe, we would rather sit inside in the air conditioning.

My night cap was driving by to see Matthew. I think he is going to be a crew-chief for DEI or one of the other race teams. He was so busy working on his car he didn’t have time to wave by-by.

I hope you all had a great day too!

Comments:
Glad you got to spend some time with family. That's great. Yes, each gathering may be the last...so it is important to soak in every moment and make it special.

We had a good day today, too.
 
My boys (particularly Matthew) have always been obsessed with cars. Matthew could name many different makes and models of cars at 16 months. Don't tell me it isn't a gender thing!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?