Friday, July 08, 2005

Living IN Today

Living on purpose is not all that easy. It is so easy to be distracted by work, play, TV, the Braves (how ‘bout those rookies!) and just fatigue. But I did have a memorable day marked with exciting events.

  1. My son and his wife have made an offer on a house. That is so exciting for them.
  2. The girl in the office next to mine (different employer) had her baby yesterday.
  3. I practiced tennis and actually worked on a shot that had been giving me trouble.
  4. My daughter and I took some lunch by my son’s house. Matthew was just waking up from a nap and he was in a GREAT mood. He smiled and laughed and babbled and hugged me….How does life get sweeter than that?

So, life is good. I am still behind on my stack at work. My office is not the organized, efficient place I dream of it being. I was too tired to read or to write in my prayer journal when I got home last night. But it was a good day and today is going to be even better!

In light of yesterday’s tragedy, one of the blogs I read regularly spoke of living for today. He asks the question and I will ask you, what are you putting off or waiting to enjoy tomorrow?


Comments:
Great post! Greater still are the thoughts you inspire me to think. Thankyou!
 
Great thoughts Donna.

Just for you I am adding the Blues brothers theme to our wake up music at camp this week.
 
I think you did something that would count on each of your PASS goals--so it has to be a good day!

And, since I don't have a grandchild to babble and hug me--I might have to take a trip soon. ;)

JB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?