Thursday, July 07, 2005

My "Theme"

If you have read my blog very long you know that I am not a political activist. I basically avoid politics like the plague. This morning I am sickened and saddened by the events in London. I could not keep the tears out of my eyes long enough to keep my eye-makeup from running. I am just grateful that this world is not my home and there is something so much better prepared for me and my family…all of my family, which means you guys too!

Inspired by Fajita’s New Year theme verses resolution (his was URGE- Utilize, Remember, Give & Explore), I have been trying to come up with one of my own. (BTW I am jumping on the 40 Day Samarian Run- starting today!)

I did 40 days of Purpose with the last 40 Days of Fat and am currently involved in a study of that book with a small group of ladies. So I knew that one of my main “mid-year” goals was to live life on purpose. With that in mind I have come up with my own theme: PASS

Purpose
Action
Simplify
Sacrifice

Daily I will try to remember to PASS (those of you who have ridden in a car with me know that I love to do that!) I will try to remember my purpose each day. I will also try and do everything I do “on purpose”. I hate it when I have gone through a day or week and can’t remember one significant thing that I have done. I don’t plan to do that anymore!

Then I will turn my good intentions into action. I am guilty of being able to talk a “good game”. There are always a million reasons (OK excuses) for me not getting around to doing anything. “A little less talk and a lot more ACTION” will be my theme song.

Simplifying
my life seems to be a recurring goal of mine. Obviously there is still much work to do in this area. While I will say I have improved, I am not there. This will go to saying NO to things, and to handling things NOW and not later. (I am going to need a lot of prayer on this one!)

Sacrifice; man that is a tough word. I do believe the sins that get in my way too much of the time are pride and selfishness. Sacrificing my wants, my comfort, my TIME and my money are the best cures for these problem areas.

So that is my theme for the rest of 2005! Will you help hold me accountable? Will you join me and start your own mid-year theme?

Comments:
What a way to celebrate life!
 
Donna,

That is a great "theme"--I might have to borrow that one for myself, as I am striving to improve in every area that you mentioned. Particularly in the areas of simplifying and sacrifice--whether it be money, time, or some other area that I need to scale back or give more. Yes, I'll help hold you accountable! Thanks for sharing with us.
 
I avoid politics, too--I have my opinions, but I mostly keep them to myself!

Your acronym is great--I'm not sure I could come up with something so creative--I will have to work on it--but I really love all the components of yours--you might have to share!!

JB
 
Good game plan, Donna. With your determination, I think that you will be able to accomplish those things and that you will be sharing some interesting stories from your life with us over the next few months - stories that reflect your new commitment!
 
Donna, I love PASS. That is really cool.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?