Monday, July 18, 2005

Sing a Song

Yesterday our song leader mentioned lyrics of a song that made him think of his church family (he recently lost his dad). The lyrics were “Shower the people you love with love, show them the way that you feel”. I was thinking of that this morning in spin class and wondered if there were song titles or lyrics to describe who we are, where we are and what we are doing. I came up with the following;

Tennis: Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head
Work: I’m in a hurry to get things done- Taking Care of Business
Home: When will I see you again.
Matthew: Precious & Few, Oh how happy you have made me.
Exercise: Stop! In the name of love.

My spiritual life is filled with highs and lows. I don’t know if many of you can relate but all of these songs describe “my walk”.
-Running on Empty
-I’m getting closer to my home
-All shook up
-Greatest Love
-Best of my love

How about you? What is your “song” feeling today?

Comments:
I'm soooo tired, I haven't slept a wink... Lennon & McCartney
 
The old gray mare ain't what she used to be
 
back in the saddle again.
 
Look at my heart again
Look at the mess I’ve got it in
I’m trying to trust in You
To know that you’ll see me through
...
All I really want to do is to fall into The emptiness that is
The space in-between us

Space In Between Us
Building 429
 
"Leavin' on a jetplane."
JB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?