Friday, August 12, 2005

Cut It Out

Last week my hair got to me. My bangs were falling in my eyes and driving me crazy. So I did what any time-pressed female does….I got out the scissors. Now to say that I can’t cut straight would be one of the great understatements of all times. My husband would not let me trim the hedges at our old house (that had hedges) because they were so shall we say creative. I gave up on sewing because I couldn’t cut it out! So if you are picturing my bangs looking like the jagged edge of a wrecked car, you are pretty close. But, I didn’t quit. No I continued to trim and cut trying to make them straight the end result being…..they were short, real short and still crooked. In the meantime the back of my hair appeared to have grown about 3 inches….It was beginning to look a lot like a mullet!! Saturday morning I went to the beauty shop and cried “help!” She didn’t laugh (at least out loud), she didn’t scold me, she simply fixed my mess and made my hair look decent once more. She did have only little sly remark about how much I wanted taken off my bangs….but I deserved it.

Today I realized my bangs are growing quickly. They look normal again. Will I leave them alone and go the professional this time when they get out of hand….yes!! But in a couple of months I will forget what a mess I made and I will try again to cut them myself…I know, I have repeated this behavior a little too often.

I do this sometimes in my walk with God. I let something go until it gets the best of me. Then I rush in to fix it, never once realizing that I am just going to make a bigger mess for myself. All the while God looks on, knowing that he has the tools to fix it for me…if only I would ask. When I finally do turn to him in desperation crying “help”, he doesn’t scold me or laugh at me, he just fixes my mess wondering why I take so long to bring it to him. The next time I am faced with this type of situation I will remember and I will carry it to God…. But sooner or later I will forget, I will once again try to fix things myself only to once again find myself in a bigger mess.

Comments:
what a cutting commentary!

To answer your question about building programs is a long and difficult answer. I will think on how to address it. I assume the issue so much money being spent is your problem/ stuggle?
 
Im pretty much the same. So what I do is I practice on other peoples hair...Its amusing at the very least
 
(LOL)!!
When I call the friend that cuts my hair and say "My bangs are driving me crazy", she usually says "could you stop by about 4 today?" She knows the damage I can do to my own bangs!

Great application to how God cleans up our messes! He's still cleaning on some of mine. I am so thankful He keeps giving me chances to learn--some times I actually DO learn a lesson!

JB
 
I liked that! I decided to highlight my hair by myself. I was a toe head by the end of it and I am a dark brunette! Crazy me. I won't be doing that ever again!!
 
I got in big trouble when I was in junior high and I cut my sweet little sister's bangs....to her forehead!

I have never come close to cutting anyone's hair since then.

I like your "teaching moment".
 
My Maggy cuts her own bangs and it usually turns out pretty good.

I try to fix my messes. And they do not usually turn out very good.

Thanks for a good post!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?