Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Not Always About Change

I am usually all about change…but there are some things you should not mess with. When will the guys at Coca-Cola learn, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it?! I love Diet Coke, I know that it is flavored water with fizz, but I LOVE it! I don’t need lime in it, I sure don’t want vanilla in it. Just leave it alone! Nutra-Sweet may be killing my short term memory (I like to have something to blame it on), but I don’t like the taste of the Diet Coke with Splenda. I am not sure what the whole Coke-Zero is. But I probably won’t like it.

Perhaps they are trying to attract a new market, perhaps there are people who will try one of their new concoctions and like it. But for me, I know what I like, PLEASE leave it alone!



Can we return to the original recipe in our churches? Can we just be like Jesus and forget about all of the “added-flavors”? If we lift him up, he will draw all men unto him!

Comments:
So true! Can you imagine? "This Sunday - New and improved Christ - now with Lime!" or "Better than Ever - Christianity with zero carbs and all the fluff you can possibly stand!" LOL!
 
In response to Chris, isn't that what that Olsteen guy is selling... God is only looking for happy people.
 
Bryon is a sucker for the new and improved. I hate lemon/lime/vanilla/splenda diet coke. When you have perfection in a can, why mess with it?

I think we get bored with the original even if it is the best way.
 
And, for today's scores, Pepsi 1 and Coke 0. Baptist 1 and Catholic 0.

What is somewhat encouraging is that it is not the Lime, Lemon Vanilla, Splenda, or the secret Zero ingredient that makes Coke Coke. It is the original flavor. The deep ecclesioligy of Coke is that it is still Coke. I tried Coke Lime and Pepsi Lime. I didn't like either of them, but I liked Coke Lime more because I like Coke more.

When they came out with "new" Coke, that's when I got worried. I'm not too worried about Osteen and other cracker jack, self-help, spit-polished, pretty boy gospel peddlers. I think they will rise and fall. What won't is the truth of love shown in the life of Jesus Christ reflected in his followers.
 
I am thankful that my drink of choice, Dr. Pepper, rarely messes with additions. I will admit to trying the vanilla Dr. Pepper and although I like to have those from Sonic on occasion, it just tastes completely different trying to bottle that up in a can. I can't even drink Diet Dr. Pepper -- no messing with the originals for me!
 
Some things I like change--but certain things like Diet Coke and much more importantly, Jesus, are not on the list.

JB
 
Ok, I'll jump in the swim and say out loud that I dislike DIET COKE. I agree about diet vanilla coke - gag! Both remind me of cough syrup.

Here are JD's softdrink rules:

*If I'm drinking sugared drinks, REAL COKE is my choice.

*If drinking diet, I go for variety. Here are my favorite choices:

-Diet Pepsi (beats Diet Coke by a mile)

-Diet Cherry Coke (avoided the cough syrup flavor, even with cherry syrup)

- Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper - a winner all the way around.

- Diet Pepsi Lime is good. I like the little difference.

-Diet Barq's Rootbeer is great - but not always available.

I do not like Zero too much...it isn't much of an improvement on anything. I do like Coke C2 ... but it's not as good as the Real Thing.


Anyhoo... if the choice is Diet Coke and water? I'll take water.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?