Thursday, August 11, 2005

Positive Energy

Last night I caught myself whining to two of my dear friends. I even heard the words “what are we going to do??” escape my mouth. These are not bad words unless you present them without any suggestions for direction.

I read last night of a family who never condemned or judged each other. They were not perfect people, but they held each other in high regard and refused to condemn or sit in judgment of each other. This is a foreign concept to me.

I want to be that kind of person though. I would love to be able to start that tradition in my own family. It occurs to me that I must begin with me. No not just changing the fact that I condemn and judge others, but the fact that I condemn and criticize myself! Don’t get me wrong, I am not suffering from a lack of self-esteem, but I do get hung up on my short comings at times and focus all my energy on what I am “not doing” or at least what I am “not doing WELL”.

Today I am going to dwell on the good in me. Not in a sense of pride or haughtiness, but just to realize I am a child of God; Special to the point that his son died for me! If I can focus that energy in my own life, surely it will spill over to all of the people I come in contact with.

It seems like a good plan…..I will let you know

Comments:
A good reminder for all of us to do the same. Too often we dwell on the negative about ourselves.
 
Why is it so easy to forget that God is right ... HERE! He's not OUT THERE! Positive energy is good. I've been re-reading an oldie but a goodie: The Peek to Peak Principle by Robert H. Schuller. It is worth getting an old copy on ebay and reading it.
 
You mention an amazing family--I want to be like that, too.
Your progress reports will be interesting!

JB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?