Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Today & Yesterdays

In the “chronicles of the apropos”; yesterday I answered a question on JettyBetty’s blog about what I would hate to give up to live in the days of “Little House on the Prairie. My answer included blow-dryers. Well Katrina paid us a little visit and has left me without power for an extended period of time, thus this morning, no blow dryer. Well technically I still had a blow dryer however it was found to be a/c challenged in the absence of electrical current. So today as I let my hair dry naturally I started to understand why the women wore bonnets in those days….

Truly we were spared any major damage from the storm, we had a few inconveniences such as limbs in the road and no power, but compared to what our neighbors to the south are facing this is so very minor. As I stood on my deck and saw the trees bending to the point of breaking and my normally placid lake having white caps I got a small taste of what a storm felt like…a very small taste. My heart goes out to those who have lost so much. I hope to have the opportunity to offer some support and relief.

In other tales of the strange and bizarre (not that I would be overly dramatic today), I was looking for a particular journal this morning while I waited for the power line to be cleared from my road. I wanted to record a “special event” in a special journal. (I will share this special event with you all a little later). When I found the journal I of course had to start reading it from the beginning. This was Valentines day of 2003 (the reason I started blogging, my regular journaling was VERY sporadic). But the strange thing was the last entry in this journal was August 28, 2004. This was mine and Terri’s last day at the beach last year. I just found that to be a little strange.

It is a faith builder to go back and see the struggles you were going through and how God has answered your prayers. His gentle guidance through the storms that life send our way are often overlooked without looking back to see where we have come from. It is humbling to see how he has handled a situation so much better than what you “told” him to do. What a wonderful and awesome God we have!

Comments:
SOOO glad you're okay!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?