Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Another Manic Monday

I am a bit of a paradox. On the one hand I love sharing my “journaling” in this public arena. On the other hand I am a very private person who loves to have secrets. The two don’t seem to co-exist in harmony and yet they do. I don’t know maybe part of the allure of secrets is in spreading tidbits of information to cause others to know that you do have a secret and to want to know more, who knows?

Yesterday was a roller-coaster day for me. The thing is every part of my life was running somewhat out of control on a track that was designed to take your breath away one minute and leaving you almost screaming for help the next. Then of course there is the sensation of total sickness that causes every pore in your body to open up simultaneously and spout sweat like some scene out of the movie “Airplane”. Work, family, tennis, maybe the only non-affected area was my church life. But in retrospect that is not true. Between e-mails shared and conversation of some things that happened while I was out Sunday morning, I guess I was a little up in the air with that too.

Suffice it to say, these are the days that you circle on your calendar as the ones you will not forget, and yet at the same time you know that you don’t want to repeat them. The beauty that God placed in the sky last night in the form of the moon reminds me that he was with me through it all. He held me up when I couldn’t hold myself up. He gave me the courage and the wisdom to do what had to be done. I honestly can’t imagine getting through such a day without the Comforter. Thank you Lord!

Comments:
I have no idea how people make it without Him!!
I've been noticing the moon the last couple nights, too! WOW
Do you have the new Zoe CD? Your post today reminds me of the song "You Were There".

JB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?