Thursday, September 22, 2005

But, I don't want to!!

It jumped on me again last night…that “I don’t want to go to church” thing. But I HAD to go; I HAD to teach a class. I was mildly annoyed that they were cutting into my class time by insisting we meet in the auditorium for 15 minutes prior to going to class. I was tired and I just wanted to sit in my recliner and relax. But as usual the sweet spirit of the ladies in my class propelled me to feeling much better. It is a privilege to lead a group of ladies who love Jesus and who love each other and don’t mind getting together and talking about it. We always take the opportunity to pray for each other and that is such a blessing.

Last night we were talking about confession. We would read a scripture and read questions found on a devotional I receive. It was a good exercise. Asking the point blank questions caused us to truly confess some areas of weakness in our lives. I think such introspection is good for us, just to keep us honest about what we struggle with.
I know it is encouraging to know that you are not the only one that struggles with a certain sin.
Anyway I was glad I was there, glad I just did it. It was a blessing for me to be there. Then this morning I didn’t want to get up and work out…………..Yeah, I went, I am not sure I was blessed, but the sprints weren’t so bad

Comments:
You're good that you actually got up and went. That's why I don't teach.
 
Isn't it good to know that even when we don't feel like doing something for God, we can still be blessed if we do it anyway? I'm so glad that God's faithfulness to us is not based on our attitude or faithfulness to Him!
 
Glad you went--and I can't believe it's Thursday night already and this is the first I've read your last three entries. You can tell I've got too much on my plate, including that book to finish! I wanted to say HI and let you know that you should look for the 6'2" guy with the shaved head and gray beard with the gang from Bloomington/Normal, IL, at Zoe--so looking forward to meeting you!
 
I feel for you! I was feeling some of that myself last night.
 
Believe me, I can relate to your pain... I'm contemplating just the same thing this early Sunday morning...

But then, I really don't have a choice... I'm the preacher!

AGHHGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?